Find Canadian content at the Marché du Film Online.
*The schedule below is in Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Night Raiders: Making an Indigenous Canada-New Zealand Co-Production
Moderators: Karen Waaka-Tibble (Maori Screen Executive) and Adam Garnet Jones (Telefilm Canada)
A business case on Night Raiders, a Canada-New-Zealand coproduction by Canadian writer-director Danis Goulet, executive produced by Taika Waititi and produced by Paul Barkin, Tara Woodbury, Ainsley Gardiner, Georgina Condor and Chelsea Winstanley.
Toronto International Film Festival – Tiff
A troubled woman on the edge of divorce returns home to her younger sister after years apart. But when her sister and brother-in-law betray her trust, she embarks on a vicious crusade of revenge.
- Directed by: Madeleine Sims-Fewer & Dusty Mancinelli
- Produced by: Madeleine Sims-Fewer & Dusty Mancinelli
- Genre: Horror, Psychological, Thriller
- Language: English
The Fantastic 7 fosters emerging talents and connects them with potential business partners by creating a privileged space for dialogue and exchange supported by top-notch international film festivals.
The Proof of Concept Presentation
Selection of genre projects in advanced financing. Producers and directors present their original proof of concept teasers to prospective financiers, sales agents and distributors. Here are the 2 Canadian projects selected:
COMING SOON (Canada)
- Director: Ante Kovac
- Producers: Lauren Grant (Clique Pictures), Daniel Bekerman (Scythia Films), Rory Halsall (Santa Carla Films), Dave Huakoc, Daniel Quinn (levelFILM)
- Sales Agent: Altitude Film Sales
RULES FOR WEREWOLVES (Canada/USA)
- Director: Jeremy Schaulin-Rioux
- Producers: Peter Harvey (Peter Harvey Productions Inc.), Jonathan Duffy (Ten Acre Films), Kelly Williams.
Features works-in-progress or recently completed films seeking international distribution, festival selection and/or sales representation. Here are the 2 Canadian projects selected:
THE RETREAT (Canada)
This Canadian showcase is one of eight events presented by different countries, each with excerpts and pitches of four projects. For doc producers seeking international attention, this is the place to be!
Discover our 4 projects:
Meet the young talents of an evolving digital distribution landscape
- Jean-Christophe J. Lamontagne, H264 (CANADA)
- Kyle Greenberg, Circle Collective (USA)
Moderated by Rowan Woods, British Council, Film Programme Manager
Canadians at Cannes XR
Check out the Canadian decision makers at Cannes XR Virtual! They will discover the selected Development Showcase projects and Cannes XR Virtual content, as well as participate in networking opportunities!
- Myriam Achard, Chief, New Partnerships and PR – Centre Phi
- Michael Masukawa, Director of Strategy & Business Development – Secret Location
- Rob McLaughlin, Executive Producer / Studio Head – National Film Board of Canada
- Amy Zimmerman, Lead of the Unity for Humanity Program – Unity
These selected in-development projects are curated in association with Kaleidoscope and are presented to key decision makers of the immersive industry across the world! The Cannes XR Development Showcase allows creators to pitch their projects and network with industry leaders, co-producers, distributors and curators of the XR entertainment space.