The call for entries was made, and from coast to coast, Canadian doc producers answered. Discover your RDVCANADA | Meet the Docs 2021 cohort taking part in this six-month online mentorship initiative!
Hot on the heels of the Meet the Series program, RDVCANADA | Meet the Docs kicked off March 15 and runs through October 15, 2021! Our selected producers are coached and guided by external experts Tania de Montaigne and Frédéric Pittoors d’Haveskercke, there to offer personalized assistance with activities such as networking, B2B meetings, consulting, and more, maximizing international business potential with a focus on four major industry events take place during this time period: MIPTV, Hot Docs, Sunny Side of the Docs and MIPCOM.
Telefilm Canada, in collaboration with the Canada Media Fund and the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, selected nine talented TV documentary producers for the initiative (out of 53 applications received).
Among other qualities, each producer has a TV doc project in the works that’s presently in the development stage – with coproduction potential or goals for international sales! Also, each producer has (at least) two projects under their belt that have been broadcast on a platform, TV station, or selected in a festival.
Let’s roll out the virtual red carpet for your Meet the Doc producers:
- Sarah Robertson, Arctic Bear – British Columbia
- Andrew Williamson, Cedar Island – British Columbia
- Colette Vosberg, Firestarter Productions – Ontario
- Noura Kevorkian, Saaren – Ontario
- Nancy Guérin, Trio Orange – Quebec
- Teresa MacInnes, Sea to Sea – Nova Scotia
- Sean O’Neill, Visitor Media – Ontario
- Colin Riendeau, No Water Studios – Quebec
- Nicola Waugh, Kino Sum – Alberta