Producers and sales agents, are you virtually attending the film markets of Cannes, Annecy or Sunny Side of the Doc? The Trade Commissioners Service invites you to a series of webinars to help you get ready for those events and explore new markets. Along with local experts and stakeholders, these webinars will go over the opportunities offered to you in France, China, and Poland. Webinars will be hosted in English.
Trade Commissioners from 8 of our Embassies and Consulates over the world will be present online. Get directly in touch with them to meet virtually during the online markets and discuss your international development.
How to co-produce with Poland (animation, VR and more)
With Ms. Katarzyna Gromadzka, co-founder of Momakin company
Moderated by Ms. Karolina Janiak, Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada in Poland
During this session you will learn about:
- financial incentives and funding systems available in Poland
- major Polish animation events and initiatives
- overview of the Polish delegation at MIFA2020; Polish Association of Animation Producers will have a virtual Stand this year and will be happy to meet with you.
France : Opportunities in the VR sector
Moderated by Constance Richard, Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada in France
In five years, virtual reality has won its rank alongside feature film in most major festivals around the world. In France, Annecy has led the way and now features VR in both its official selection and in its industry program. As Canada and France share a long history of collaborating in animation, similar opportunities now grow in the VR sector. Our guest speakers will discuss these opportunities from different points of views: production, distribution, and curation.
Meet your Trade Commissioners
- Sandra Jiang, Shanghai, China (MIFA)
- Mari Kawajiri, Tokyo, Japan (MIFA and Cannes)
- Claudia Seeber, Berlin, Germany (Cannes)
- Constance Richard, Paris, France (MIFA, Cannes, Sunny Side of the Doc)
- Clément Thiébault, Paris, France (MIFA)
- Karolina Janiak, Warsaw, Poland (MIFA and Cannes)
- Allison Goodings, London, UK (MIFA and Cannes)
From the Americas
- Catherine Scheinman, New York City, USA (MIFA and Cannes)
- Matthew Oppenheimer, Los Angeles, USA (Cannes)
- Ernesto Miranda, Mexico City, Mexico (MIFA)