Hot off the presses: Twelve Canadian TV series producers from across the country have been selected from many awesome applicants to participate in the new RDVCANADA initiative | Meet the Series 2020-2021!
This exciting online program connects these producers (each possessing between two and five years of international experience) with foreign producers. The purpose? Six busy months of mentorship and networking opportunities! The program kicked off in November 2020 and will wrap up in June 2021.
What exactly is the RDVCANADA initiative | Meet the Series 2020-2021?
Well, glad you asked! Essentially, the program is all about helping our Canadian participants develop their series projects for international sales or find an international coproducer, with a focus on four major industry events: Content London, Berlin – Series Market, MIPTV and Séries Mania.
Without further ado, here are our first six participants!
- Leah Mallen, All In Pictures – British Columbia
- Julian De Zotti, Anthology Productions – Ontario
- Nikki Cole, Moving Vision Productions – Ontario
- Munire Armstrong, YN Films – Ontario
- Terry Greenlaw, Picture Plant Ltd – Nova Scotia
- Patrick Bilodeau, UGO Média – Quebec
Check in again next month, for a feature on the remaining six participants:
- Dylan Jenkinson, Hope of Glory Pictures (Jenkinson-Goode Productions) – British Columbia
- Lael McCall, Principia Productions – British Columbia
- Matt King, LaRue Entertainment – Ontario
- Heidi Lasi, Pelee Entertainment – Ontario
- Amy Trefry, Interwoven Films– Nova Scotia
- Sami Tesfazghi, Inferno Pictures – Manitoba
These 12 producers are presently being guided and supported by two consulting audiovisual industry experts: Tania de Montaigne and Frédéric Pittoors d’Haveskercke, who, under the supervision of the Canada Media Fund and the Canadian Trade Commissioners Service, also managed the program’s selection process.
P.S. These consultants will continue in their roles in the upcoming Meet the Docs program, so keep your eyes peeled for updates!