With coproduction treaties in place with close to 60 countries, Canada’s position as a global coproduction leader continues to grow!
We’re thrilled to be a partner in many great market initiatives at festivals around the world. One of these can’t-miss events is around the corner: the Ontario Creates International Financing Forum (iff), in partnership with Telefilm Canada, will take place virtually this year at TIFF, on September 12 and 13, 2021.
The annual forum is heading into its 16th edition with the goal of helping feature film producers network and shop their projects to potential international partners. From funders to sales agents, producers to distributors, and international players and decision-makers who love working with Canada, iff at TIFF connects Canadian feature producers with international coproduction partners.
Every year, after a competitive application process, a selection of Canadian and international feature film producers are chosen to participate in iff, an opportunity that includes plenty of meetings and networking opportunities. More than 100 of these projects have been successfully financed through the forum! This year, 21 Canadian projects have been chosen, including:
- Claudia (CaribbeanTales Media Group)
- Mid Life (Clique Pictures)
- Perigean Tide (Experimental Forest Films)
- Anastasis (Mad Samurai Productions)
- Kipkemboi (New Real Films)
- The Fallers (Night Market)
- Pick One (Peterson Polaris Corp)
- Phoenix (Rococoeur)
- Pappi (Stellar Citizens and Scythia Films)
- Oh Deer (Sucker Busters Films)
- The Shaman (White Bear Films)
Find the full projects list here!
Watch iff 2021’s virtual kick-off panel, which took place in June.