Peek behind the scenes into the process and creation of three of Canada’s successful Indigenous drama series in this exciting panel held at C21 Media’s Content London! Indigenous Content that Speaks to the World is a lively discussion sponsored by Telefilm Canada, Canada Media Fund, and Canadian Media Producers Association.
Moderated by Adam Garnet Jones (Lead – Indigenous Initiatives, Telefilm Canada & Canada Media Fund), this intriguing panel features five industry panelists! Hailing from three Indigenous drama series from Canada — Tribal, Trickster, and Unsettled — each participant offers a fascinating insider perspective about Indigenous content from Canada and its ongoing appeal to all sorts of audiences around the world.
From showrunners to actors, here they are:
- Ron E. Scott (Showrunner & Director, Prairie Dog Film + Television – Tribal)
- Janet Hamley (Chief Operating Officer and Co-Executive Producer, Prairie Dog Film + Television – Tribal)
- Gail Maurice (Actor and Independent Filmmaker – Trickster)
- Elise Cousineau (Director of Development, Sienna Films – Trickster)
- Jennifer Podemski (Actor, Writer, Producer, Director and CEO, Redcloud Studios Inc. – Unsettled)
Learn all about what makes each of these Indigenous series so unique, and so relevant to today’s television landscape. From the perspectives of these talented actors, filmmakers, showrunners, and producers, you’ll also get a rare glimpse behind the scenes into the creation process of each show and its compelling storytelling. Focusing on designing programming for Indigenous, mainstream, and international audiences, you’ll see why the Indigenous wave of talent that’s been sweeping through the feature film industry is making its way to the scripted television space!