Canada was on everybody’s lips this year as the Country in Focus at the 2018 European Film Market (EFM) at Berlin International Film Festival. We made the most of Canada in Focus with:
- A line-up of 17 Canadian films at the festival
- A curated collection of 19 films (as part of Perspective Canada)
- A preview of 12 films (as part of First Look)
- 100+ of Canada’s most prominent producers
- 14 Canadians at the Berlinale Talent (250 attendees from 70 countries)
- 3 projects at the Co-production Market (out of the selected 36)
- Spotlight on innovation with a panel on Blockchain, the Canada Big on VR selection of our country’s top VR films in 2017, and a special performance by Canadian band Dear Criminals.
- Launch of our iTunes store in Germany with the best in Canadian filmmaking all in one place (psst – ICYMI)
And not to brag, but Cross My Heart (Les Rois mongols) was awarded the Crystal Bear for Best Film by the members of the Children’s Jury Awards in Berlinale Generation Kplus. Score!
Check out this 2 minutes sizzle reel of this Berlinale 2018 here below.
Want more? Check out these Berlinale highlights